[vlc-devel] VLC internationalization into LV

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Sun Oct 14 22:08:17 CEST 2012

On 12-10-12 12:55 PM, Mārtiņš <mikstans at apollo.lv> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just happened to run into very bizzare and sporadic Latvian (LV) menu translation of VLC which just irritates me. Since it's very cold and dark here in our country, I feel I have some time to translate most of the menu items (if not help) into Latvian.
> Can you pls send me the source file/files or link/links for translation?
>
> Thanks and not promising soon results (but if there will be, they will be enjoyable),
>
> Mārtiņš Mikstans
> mikstans at apollo.lv

Please contact the previous translator, jogijs <e.blumbergs at gmail.com>
to co-ordinate your efforts in translation. You can find the .po file to
translate here:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/lv.po;h=d31677720adfecfc0a8ce4761bf704f10c62ee47;hb=30cfbde30e0849fa66a61f72d57055b99072fbda

You can find instructions on how to translate here:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/vlc-howto.html
<http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/vlc-howto.html>

Use the software "poEdit" to edit the .po file. You can find poEdit
here: http://www.poedit.net/

Addendum from Christoph Miebach:
I could also offer you the choice of using transifex. You would have to
create an account there and request to join the Latvian language team
here (only if you _want_ to use transifex):

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc-trans/
<https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc-trans/>

Regards,
         Edward Wang