[vlc-devel] Which video plugin to support? xcb, xvideo, glx, sdl

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 07:42:55 CEST 2012

Folks,

I am working on creating a minimal version of VLC that can run H.264/AAC from MP4 container. This version of VLC is intended to run on a minimal Ubuntu client with just openbox as the windows environment.

Going through various build options for VLC, I noticed that there are four video plugins that are available (xcb, xvideo, glx, sdl). Given my case, I am wondering if someone can suggest me if it is better to enable only one out of the list and, if so, which one.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter