[vlc-devel] Transcoding problem

Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen hugo at beauzee.fr
Mon Sep 3 16:08:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

While trying a few production chain implying transcode + smem, I
encountered a problem with some file formats, that I don't really
understand.
Basically, I'm trying to transcode to s32l , 48000hz, 2 channels.
It works great from AAC, but fails from wav and mp3.

I reduced the code to a simple libvlc sample (using the one on the
wiki) to output the result to stdout, and redirecting it to a file.
Playing the created file in audacity allows to check if the conversion
was successful or not.

>From what I got during those tests, it works with AAC (with samplerate
of both 44,1 / 48kHz), but fails from wav and mp3, regardless of the
samplerate.

I fail to see which part could be at stake here, so any wise guess is
more than welcome!

You can find some samples and the sample code here :
http://videolan.mustelidae.fr/vlmc/

Best regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen