[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_option_trusted and security

Shane Phelan streamey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:56:59 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I added this option libvlc_media_option_trusted to the following in
vlc_player.cpp.

libvlc_media_add_option_flag(media, optv[i], libvlc_media_option_unique|
libvlc_media_option_trusted)

I added this so that I could record from the web plugin.  My understanding
is that this was removed due to security issues.

My question is were these vulnerabilities of the implementation of this
flag and methods or simply that any time you give a web plug-in R/W access
to disk you have a security issue?

Thanks,

Shane