[vlc-devel] Forwarding Gentoo patches.

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Apr 2 11:28:41 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:20:11 +0200, Alexis Ballier <aballier at gentoo.org>
wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 20:03:59 +0200
> Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> [check_headers_regexp.diff  text/x-patch (709 bytes)]
>
> I had sent this one back then but it was rejected for reasons I
> didn't agree with and no other solution landed.

To be honest, I don't understand what/how this patch solves anything.
What's the difference between [:upper:] and A-Z, other maybe than locale
support (which is _not_ wanted in this case)?

> I never understood why
> this check is in the 'check' target and not 'distcheck' by the way.

Code test suite belongs in check, not distcheck.

>> [300_all_pic.patch  text/x-patch (6035 bytes)]
>
> This one is quite old, I think the rationale was that the code was
> imported and vlc didn't want to patch imported code. Maybe this has
> changed.

I did not want to patch the code because I wanted to be able to merge
newer upstream. Unfortunately, that never happened and the code is now well
beyond bit-rotting. Personally, I don't care anymore: I think the loader
should be removed.

Sent from my collocated server