[vlc-devel] jack output: patch for #8126

Tristan Matthews le.businessman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 15:17:22 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Attached is a patch for https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/8126
I've rewritten parts of the Jack output module so that it no longer depends
on packet.c

I'm using a jack_ringbuffer to write samples from Play() to the Process
callback (aka audio thread). Jack ringbuffers are lock-free circular
buffers, so it should be safe to use in this context, where we have a
single writer and single reader thread which do not invert roles.

Please test and let me know of any changes I should make.

Best,
Tristan

--
Tristan Matthews