[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] freetype: allow on-the-fly changes of relative font size, background opacity, background color, outline thickness and text color
remi at remlab.net
Tue Apr 23 19:53:11 CEST 2013
Le lundi 22 avril 2013 22:22:06, Felix Paul Kühne a écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org> | Sun Apr
> 21 20:31:33 2013 +0200| [269a40cbf9d15b7cdfcf58d205a41a25e66f714c] |
> committer: Felix Paul Kühne
> freetype: allow on-the-fly changes of relative font size, background
> opacity, background color, outline thickness and text color
It might be thread-safe but it still hardly makes sense.
- The default settings are now totally broken. This affects OSD.
- There is no reasonable way to change the variables and trigger the callback.
This commit is premature at the very least.
- Even if such mechanism was grown from the video output, user changes would
be lost to new video outputs. (Users tend to complain more about poor UI than
- The OSD and ES settings should not (IMHO) be together. The text renderer is
used for both. By the current design, subtitling (ES) settings belong in the
decoder or in a sub-filter.
- Generally, this interferes with the sub-filter concept and its existing core
More information about the vlc-devel