[vlc-devel] add codec module into VLC and how to debug

Steven Tang tang1013 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 22:46:14 CEST 2013

Hello All,

   I want to create a decoder plugin for our home-made media format and
make VLC playable, first I want to support Win32,
since I’m a newbie of VLC development, not sure if I’m right:  I found
those plugins are just dll files, may I create the plugin dll
with VisualStudio(it is excellent dev dbg tool)? Any tutorial and/or
project template?

  If not, how do you guys setup debug environment? I googled many website,
didn’t find anyone talk about how to debugging plugin modules.

Thanks

Steven