[vlc-devel] resons for removing vout module

Julian Scheel julian at jusst.de
Thu Aug 8 22:05:41 CEST 2013

Am 08.08.2013 um 21:59 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:

> Le jeudi 8 août 2013 17:05:21 Julian Scheel a écrit :
>> (...) When the decoder detects
>> the actual resolution of the video and does a port reconfigure, the
>> omxil_vout module is removed from the chain:
> (...)
>> So far I am unable to understand why this would happen. And as it does
>> not happen if direct rendering is disabled, why it would not happen in
>> this case.
>
> VLC always destroys the video output display instance when the source video
> format changes - unless only the crop or aspect ratii are changed. Then it
> creates a new one with the new source format.

Thanks for that hint. I will have to figure out why it is not recreated then. It just came to my mind that the teardown might block somehow, so the plugin is never properly closed and as a result of that not recreated. Does that sound plausible?
I will investigate it tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Julian