[vlc-devel] How to implement a force-skip functionality?

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 23:51:12 CEST 2013

Folks,

I am looking at implementing a custom module in VLC to force-skip portions of a running video. The skip information will be defined in an external text file.

In the past, I have written a few custom modules for VLC for video and stream filtering. I am more or less familiar with VLC internals.

Can someone please tell me what kind of module is it that I need to implement? Any pointer will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter