[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] src: Fix for Mac OS X filesystem filename encoding

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Aug 22 17:05:55 CEST 2013

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:51:11 +0200, Christoph Miebach
<christoph.miebach at web.de> wrote:
> Am 22.08.2013 15:28, schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:
>> What is your excuse for pushing this obvious crap without reviewing it?
>> What is your excuse for breaking the test suite?
>
> The errors are:
> -Not reviewing before commiting
> -Breaking the test suite
>
> What could be interpreted from the above email:
> "The patch is crap". Or taking it less exact:
> Sending imperfect patches is not wanted.
>
> This is wrong. And the wording won't get you a popular prize.

This is exactly right. It is not acceptable for someone to push crap and
rely on the fact that other volunteers will review it and fix it for them.
That is wasting other people's time to put it very mildly.

If you think that is the way of working in a community open-source
project, you are _wrong_. And this is not (only) my personal opinion

Sent from my collocated server