[vlc-devel] Opus RTP raw audio decoder plugin patch

Yupeng Chang changyp6 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 11:01:59 CET 2013

Hi Denis,
I read VLC code and finally understood the relationship between packetizer
and decoder.

I think that to implement Opus Raw decoding, if we need a packetizer, we
should ADD OggOpus header in the packetizer instead of stripping the header
out.

b_need_packetized in structure decoder_t means decoder needs packetized
data, not truncated

If I implement header strip inside packetizer, the behaviour of this
packetizer will just be the opposite of a packetizer should do.
And If I just add OggOpus header to OpusRaw data, the current Opus decoder
will remain the same or only need minimum change.

One other thing is, there's no need to implement a Opus packetizer module,
the OpusDecoder only need one simple function to do this, and I can just
implement the packetizer function in opus.c.

So what do you think about this? And could you give me some suggestions
about how to do this?

Yupeng Chang

Dec-02-2013