[vlc-devel] Bounty tasks details request

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Dec 22 19:59:06 CET 2013

Le samedi 21 décembre 2013, 16:10:43 Andrey Utkin a écrit :
> > I also spent some time on streaming from a machine behind NAT
>
> This is important issue for VoIP, but not that real issue for media
> streaming server IMO.

Indeed. And ICE is hugely complicated and totally overkill for RTSP.
Unfortunately, I do not think there is a properly stream-lined NAT extension
for RTSP.

> But still, TCP interleaving of RTP would work
> well if RTSP server is behind NAT and only a single port (of RTSP
> listening, like 554) is forwarded on external router.

For VoD, unicast TCP would be best, but it is unspecified. I agree that
interleaved TCP remains the only solution (and thus best by eliminaiton).

Unfortunately, the existing VLC HTTPd core is totally unsuited for interleaved
TCP. FWIW, I've been meaning and failing to "fix" it for most of 6 years.

http://www.remlab.net/