[vlc-devel] problems with russian sub-titles over RTSP

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Sat Dec 28 15:29:35 CET 2013

On 12/28/2013 03:22 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le mercredi 18 décembre 2013, 10:04:11 Gilles Chanteperdrix a écrit :
>> rtsp://xenomai.org:8554/video-tests/hd-fast.mp4
>
> My current Internet connectivity is really poor but I fail to see a Russian
> subtitle track there.

Yeah, it is reported as "simplified chinese", that is another issue :-)
which is why I precised that it is track 10. Anyway, I sort of found out
what the issue was: there was no font selected for sub-titles in my  vlc
configuration, and vlc 2.0 picked a font supporting the russian
alphabet, whereas vlc 2.2 git does not. But selecting a font with the
russian alphabet gets vlc 2.2. git working.

--
                                                                Gilles.