[vlc-devel] VLC technical meetings at FOSDEM
jb at videolan.org
Sun Feb 3 20:33:40 CET 2013
On 03 Feb, François Revol wrote :
> Would it be possible to get a report for those not attending ? :)
There might be a longer summary soon, if my memory is too incomplete.
However these are the main points (from my memory)
* 2.0.6 will get released as soon as libdvdnav is forked (this week) and
planar audio is backported.
* 2.1.0 feature freeze target is at the end of February, and might be
pushed back but no further than the end of March.
* 2.1.0 will be named 2.1.0
* 2.1 is still missing:
- Jack port to new API (funman+etix)
- DSound port to new API (TypX)
- KAI port to new API (KO)
- Device plug/unplug API (Rem)
- libVLC logging API fixes (not 100% sure) (Rem)
- Simple downmixer rewrite (jb)
- Audio device remapping for Windows (TypX+jb)
- Qt and cocoa fixes (d-fu)
- S/PDIF testing (jb+Alex, d-fu)
- Subtitles search (...)
* aout_Packet might be removed this release, if possible.
* After 2.1, we will try to move to a shorter release cycle. Probably
first 6 months, and then try to target something shorter, like 4 or 3.
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734
Sent from my Electronic Device
More information about the vlc-devel