[vlc-devel] VLC technical meetings at FOSDEM

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Feb 4 17:24:09 CET 2013

Le dimanche 3 février 2013 21:33:40, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
>   - Device plug/unplug API (Rem)

We already have audio plug/unplug.

I said that hotplug events were easy, not that I would implement them.

Audio device hotplug events were useless because the UI can query the list and
build the menu when the user clicks. Additionally, hotplug events cannot be
implemented on Windows XP (DirectSound & WaveOut) or without PulseAudio. So
the UI cannot rely on them unless we drop support for a lot of existing
systems.

http://www.remlab.net/