[vlc-devel] Statistic about received NAL units

Ottavio Campana o.campana at videotec.com
Fri Feb 8 10:23:27 CET 2013

Hello,

I need to create a program that allows me to extract a statistic about
the packets of an H.264-encoded video, transmitted with RTSP-sessions
and using UDP as transport. Particularly,  I would like to count the
total NAL units received, the number of the units that were corrupted
and that were therefore not decoded and the number of NAL units not
received because the UDP packets had a wrong CRC and were discarded.

I'd like to know if it possible to do it with VLC. Can you tell me
please if there's a place in the VLC code where I could find this
information?

Thank you for your help

Ottavio