[vlc-devel] linking lua module to specific lua path fails; links to non-specified system path

darx at sent.com darx at sent.com
Sat Feb 23 17:59:16 CET 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013, at 08:54 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le samedi 23 février 2013 18:48:02, darx at sent.com a écrit :
> > Have I missed, or misconfigured, something in trying to link 'my' lua
> > libs correctly?  or is this a bug?
>
> You are probably looking for $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. See the ld.so manual page
> for further details.

Nope. LD_LIBRARY_PATH must be set @ runtime to be picked up.  That's not
what I'm actually looking for.  I'm looking for the appropriate method
to hardlink/rpath the lib -- so that it is correctly linked at runtime,
independent of LD_LIBRARY_PATH being set.

> This is really not specific to VLC or Lua...

Well, it _kindof_ is when VLC is the only app out of many dozens that I
hardlink/rpath various libs with no problems.  There's something unique
to VLC's code that I've not yet figured out ...

-darx