[vlc-devel] Debugging VLC on xcode [MAC]

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 23:43:26 CET 2013

Hello,

On 26.02.2013, at 13:57, yash singla wrote:

> Hello
> I am new to open source development and wanted to help in vlc development. I have already compiled it using github.
No official VLC repository is hosted on there. Make sure that you are in sync with git.videolan.org's vlc.git since this is where patches need to be based on order to be mergeable.

> Now I am looking for a way to run vlc in debug mode on xcode i.e. with breakpoints.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this? I cant seem to figure this out.

This is not supported, since VLC is not compiled using Xcode. We are using lldb or gdb on the command-line, which is essentially the same Xcode does, just without the GUI.

Best regards,

Felix