[vlc-devel] Win32 and UNICODE

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Jan 15 08:04:01 CET 2013

Hello,

I have modified a bit some calls to the Win32 API, in order to work with
UNICODE enabled (wchar).

I don't think I made too many mistakes, but a bit of review of some
commits wouldn't hurt, notably on skins2 and on DDraw callbacks.

If you want to test it, add this to your configure.ac or the
corresponding to your CPPFLAGS:

+    AC_DEFINE([UNICODE], [1], [Define to 1 for UNICODE APIs.])
+    AC_DEFINE([_UNICODE], [1], [Define to 1 for UNICODE APIs.])

It should now compile the complete VLC tree, if I am not mistaken.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734