[vlc-devel] VLC ignores forced aspect ratio while using a playlist

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 21:30:03 CET 2013

Folks,

Environment: VLC 2.0.4

Under preferences, I have forced the aspect ratio to be 4:3.

If you play a movie directly, the aspect ratio gets forced to 4:3  as expected.

If you put the movie in a playlist and play the playlist, the aspect ratio gets forced to 4:3 as expected.

However, if you put a .jpg and a movie file in the playlist and play the playlist, the forced aspect ratio is ignored for the movie.

This looks like a bug.

What source code do I look at to examine and possibly fix this bug?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter