[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Add LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_CHECK (based on LIBAVCODEC_VERSION_CHECK)

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Fri Jan 25 13:53:10 CET 2013

Le 25/01/2013 11:28, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le vendredi 25 janvier 2013 12:15:55, Rafaël Carré a écrit :

>>> If the version numbers are not patched, then how can they be different?
>>> Duh...
>>
>> They are different in upstream
>
> That sentence, whilst possibly correct grammatically, does not make sense.
>
> The version numbers are different because FFmpeg patches them from libav, and
> wrongly so.

Sorry but it's not clear at all to me what you are saying.

Is the whole FFmpeg/libav situation fucked up? yes.

Do we do our best to handle the situation? I think so.

If those macros end up breaking over time then we'll advise what to do
but afaik this will do for the moment.
(Unless there is an error in this commit that I didn't see)