[vlc-devel] Arabic translation

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Sun Jan 27 00:19:38 CET 2013

Hello!

On 26.01.2013 00:31, tarik benaddi wrote:
> I am Tarik, and I would like to contribute to VLC translation into
> arabic. I saw on vlc internationalization page
> (http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/) that someone is doing that.
> since I couldn't find any contribution statistics on the website I
> wonder if his team still active today or not?

The last update was pushed 2009-09-15, so more than 3 years ago.

While this looks rather inactive, the question is not answered that easily:
10 months ago a transifex team for Arabic was requested
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vlc-trans/language/ar/
But there is no visible activity there, either.

I'd like to have the Arabic version improved, but I don't want to waste
translators time. So: Please contact the maintainer from the website
and/or the transifex user yusuf2011 (I can do that, if you don't want to
create a transifex account).

When you got an answer or if you are optimistic the answer will be
positive, have a look at this additional howto:

http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

Regards

Christoph