[vlc-devel] Translate

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Sat Jun 8 11:49:52 CEST 2013

Hello!

On 07.06.2013 02:30, Himangshu Basistha wrote:
> Sir, I want to translate vlc into Assamese. Please send me a localization file.

You can find the .pot file to translate here:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/vlc.pot

Save it as vlc.pot. You can find instructions on how to translate here:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/vlc-howto.html

Use the software poEdit to edit the .pot file. You can find poEdit here:
http://www.poedit.net/

Save your modified file with all translations as as.po (as is the
language code for Assamese), and then send it to the translation
co-coordinators, either No_se (christoph.miebach at web.de) or xtophe
(xtophe at videolan.org).

(Simpler?) alternative:
I could also offer you the choice of using transifex. You would have to
create an account there and request the creation of a Assamese team here
(only if you _want_ to use transifex):

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc-trans/

Some hints for that:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

There also exists a mailing list dedicated to translation:
translators at videolan.org

Regards,

Christoph