[vlc-devel] Crystal HD: Software Deinterlacing possible?

Philip Höhlein philip.hoehlein at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 11 18:29:31 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm using vlc 2.0.6 on linux system using a Broadcom BCM70015 crystalhd
video accelerator.
This works fine for progressive video content.

Unfortunately many broadcasters provide 1080i transmission.

The software deinterlacing is not possible as the output format of the
crystal hd chip is packed yuy2 4:2:2, which the deinterlacing filters do
not support at all.

I already tried to change the output format by changing these 2 lines in
crystalhd.c

- if( BC_FUNC(DtsSetColorSpace)( p_sys->bcm_handle, OUTPUT_MODE422_YUY2 )
+ if( BC_FUNC(DtsSetColorSpace)( p_sys->bcm_handle, OUTPUT_MODE420_NV12 )

- p_dec->fmt_out.i_codec        = VLC_CODEC_YUYV;
+p_dec->fmt_out.i_codec        = VLC_CODEC_NV12;

Unfortunatley this change completely corrupts the video playback. I only
get 1 fresh frame every 10 seconds.

So what else neeeds to be changed to get 4:2:0 output running?

kind regards

Philip