[vlc-devel] "Race condition" in livehttp module

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Thu Jun 13 20:13:37 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 06:23:32PM +0200, Enrique Arizón Benito wrote:
> Hi again,

Hi,

> if I'm not wrong I think the proposed patch for
> modules/access_output/livehttp.c will fix it.

> Just Changing "1" -> "3"  will keep it for n+2 updates, just in case there
> is something wrong with the network, (which is not so unusual for mobile
> devices)

I think the approach should be according to draft. eg keep the segment
around atleast segment-duration+seglen (this could be tricky to calculate, but
I think I have an idea howto do this in somewhat simple way).

> P.S.: I'm don't really know what's the best procedure to report bugs like
> this that require just small fixes in code.
>  - Send it to the dev list?
>  - Submit a bug repport?
>  - Writting a mail to the last person I found working on this module
> (according to git log it figures Ilkka Ollakka) ?

All of those are ok, sending patches are really welcome. Also you could
try to get in touch us by IRC if you are familiar with that.

> > given this, I think the fix would be to keep the segment for n+1 updates
> > where n is the number of segments retained in the window.

n+1 isn't enough always. I have fix for this, but haven't had time (and
being lazy from time to time) to test it fully/push it in. As atleast 2
people are interested on fixing it, I'll try to push it
tonight/tomorrow.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
No friendship is so cordial or so delicious as that of girl for girl;