[vlc-devel] HLS player

Kevin Cadieux kcadieux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 03:02:11 CEST 2013

Alright, thanks for the explanation.

I am having a strange little problem right now. I compiled VLC on Ubuntu
using these guidelines: http://wiki.videolan.org/UnixCompile
Everything was fine until I started VLC and loaded a sample HLS stream. The
HLS feed kept jumping 10 to 15 seconds ahead every 2 seconds. For some
reason, VLC is calling the Read function of the HLS module way too fast
which causes the skipping ahead (I think). Does anyone have an idea why VLC
would be doing that? I didn't modify the source at all and the problem does
not occur when I use the real VLC release.

Thank you,

Kevin