[vlc-devel] 2.1.0-pre1 plan

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Jun 21 01:02:35 CEST 2013

Hello,

Since the numbers of bug is going down, and that patches for 2.2 have
started to pop-up, here is what I suggest, for this week-end.

 - Tag 2.1.0-git (to avoid 1.3.0-git in the repo),
 - Fork and detach head of trunk to 2.1.0-bugfix branch,
 - Prepare 2.1.0-pre1 and release it.

 Objections?

What are the most important bugs remaining?

IMNSHO, since we are going to advertise the new audio core and outputs:
 - LPCM channel order #8526
 - DirectSound channel order #8483

Important regressions are also nice to fix, notably decoding/encoding
ones:
 - #8516 (wtf still)
 - #8825 and #8539

The rest seems more easy to fix.

Btw, contest is still one and the leading trio is still Rem, David and
Felix!

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf