[vlc-devel] Core audio S/PDIF output with latency calculation

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 18:05:36 CET 2013

Hi,
Am 10.03.2013 um 17:28 schrieb Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> On 09.03.2013, at 19:12, David Fuhrmann <david.fuhrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <0001-a52tospdif-set-i_length-in-out-buffer.patch>
> Looks ok to me. Would it be feasible to use AOUT_SPDIF_SIZE within auhal.c instead?

I guess you mean that multiples of AOUT_SPDIF_SIZE should be used for circular buffer size in auhal? Might make sense, indeed.

>> <0002-dtstospdif-set-i_length-in-output-buffer.patch>
> Honestly, I don't understand the magic numbers used here. Could you add some documentation for future reference?

The number is directly derived from the i_nb_samples calculation one or two lines above. :-)

Remi indicated that already the initial calculation of i_length might be incorrect. (?) Therefore, I am thinking about to replace the patch by just summing up the 3 input i_length values, even if the result would be the same probably. (On the other side, this would not really fit into the current calculation method of the other values.)

With this more generic approach, the result would make sense in any case, also in the case that the length calculation might be changed elsewhere, later on.
Opinions about that?

Best regards,
David