[vlc-devel] Core audio S/PDIF output with latency calculation

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Mar 12 10:34:46 CET 2013

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:06:46 +0100, David Fuhrmann
<david.fuhrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Of course they are rounding errors, in several audio_filter modules
>> which recalculate i_length I suppose. And these errors will be more
>> significant if i_length values are summed up. For 3 values, it will not
>> really matter much, IMHO.

If you sum values over time, drift will accumulate, and there will be
problems.

> OK, I just saw that some audio_filters use date_t. So for summing the
> i_lengths, date_Increment should be used incrementing i_nb_samples, and
> i_rate need to be sent as divider?

In principles, yes. Best of luck on fixing all relevant filters though.

> Then, this date_t would be also the correct way for the auhal plugin to
> summing the i_length values.

It's a lot easier to sum samples or frames than length. That's why nobody
cared about length being off or plain wrong in audio output so far.

Sent from my collocated server