[vlc-devel] I'm facing two problems when building recent VLC nightly snapshots

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 02:52:29 CET 2013

Sorry, I assumed other people would have reported these issues by now.

The first (Lua compiler) problem results in the following output:

checking for LUA... yes
> checking for luac... /usr/bin/luac
> configure: error: You need 32-bits luac when using using lua from contrib.

I got around it by installing the
"lib32-lua<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-lua/>"
package and sending "LUAC=luac32" to "./configure".

The second (missing Libav) problem results in the following output:

In file included from ../codec/avcodec/avcommon.h:37:0,
>                  from avio.c:36:
> ../codec/avcodec/avcommon_compat.h:118:5: error: redeclaration of
> enumerator ‘AV_CODEC_ID_NONE’

I got around it by sending "--disable-avcodec" to "./configure".

Are these the best available workarounds?  When will you guys be fixing
these issues?