[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] sqlite: remove useless plugin

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Mar 24 21:46:41 CET 2013

Le dimanche 24 mars 2013 22:28:43, Francois Cartegnie a écrit :
> Le 24/03/2013 21:25, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> >> Nothing uses it.
> >
> > Just to be clear, I have no problem with SQL, if/when something needs it.
> > I did not notice a new feature or a rewrite of ML being scheduled for
> > 2.1.
>
> There's a refactoring of PL+ML. I don't plan to trash its 300 lines
> changes.

This is NOT about the Qt4 UI (which I have absolutely no clue about, frankly).
This is about the (now former) media library back-end.

And you may indeed be screwed. The media library was just shredder-grade crap.
Fixes were vaguely promised over two years ago, but the author went AWOL
instead (so sadly typical). Since source code is easier to write than to read,
I swear you or anyone else would have a easier time rewriting the media
library from scratch than to refactoring the original code base.

http://www.remlab.net/