[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Qt4: remove isFirstRun parameter

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Mar 24 21:53:27 CET 2013

Le dimanche 24 mars 2013 22:45:47, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> Before it was only needed to pass --no-qt-privacy-ask once.

Your(?) code sets qt-privacy-ask to false when the dialog finishes, then saves
the configuration.

> Now you need to pass it every single time.

Worksforme.

I understand that conceptually, first run and privacy asking are different. But
in practice the two settings were just doing the same (and always had the same
value unless you edit the preferences).

Admittedly, there may be a corner case if VLC is opened again before the
dialog completes. But I think showing the dialog again is no worse than
failing silently. Even then, we would not need IsFirstRun to restore the
silent failure semantics.

http://www.remlab.net/