[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Qt4: remove isFirstRun parameter

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Mar 24 22:11:19 CET 2013

Le dimanche 24 mars 2013 23:03:04, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> On 24 Mar, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :

> > > No. If you do not pass it after the first run, it shows the dialog.
> >
> > As a matter of fact, it does not - unless your vlcrc is read-only.
>
> git head
> rm -rf ~/.config/vlc
> ./vlc --no-qt-privacy-ask Close
> ./vlc --no-qt-privacy-ask Close
> ./vlc  => dialog is present

Answer and save.

./vlc => dialog is not present.

Now, I can even bring the dialog back by toggling the preferences and
restarting. That looks correct, *unlike* the old semantics. There are reasons
why we do not save the command line (been there done that); it looks like you
are arguing for saving the command line.

http://www.remlab.net/