[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Qt4: remove isFirstRun parameter

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Mar 24 22:46:19 CET 2013

Le dimanche 24 mars 2013 23:34:27, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> On 24 Mar, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> > Le dimanche 24 mars 2013 23:26:01, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> > > You make it harder to deploy VLC for big installations.
> >
> > I strongly disagree.
>
> You force people to create a vlcrc file to disable the first run. This
> is harder than launch it once with the right parameter.

This is just like for every other setting. I have been working (and still do
work) in large companies. The biggest concern with VLC is *not* changing the
default settings (via vlcrc or associations). This is a red herring.

(The biggest problem is statically linked DVDCSS.)

> > And you make VLC harder to maintain, inconsistent and buggy.
>
> And I can say that you break existant behaviour, without discussion.

As far as I can tell, you, not me, redefined the command line semantics without
discussion. I just restored the last agreed behaviour (#1106). In fact, even
*you* filed a bug (#1482). This is 6 years old stuff so I will forgive you for
having forgotten it.

http://www.remlab.net/