[vlc-devel] Request - Remove useless menu options

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 19:54:05 CET 2013

On 25.03.2013, at 16:37, Víctor López Rivero <victor.lopez.rivero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some people will think that the more ways of doing things the better but I dont know if that is exactly true. Clicking buttons is the most basic thing so i think that putting the same functionalities in the menu bar is to overload the menu with things that noone use. The simpler the better.

There are many people using hotkeys, whose key combinations are mirrored in the menu. So at least for (easily reachable and always available) documentation purposes, having a menu is not a bad idea...

Then again, there are numerous people with disabilities using VLC. For many of them, using a mouse is absolutely no ideal input device.

So, sorry, no way.

Best regards,

Felix