[vlc-devel] Video Time does not match Reported Time

Eric Montellese emontellese at gmail.com
Mon May 13 17:00:36 CEST 2013

Robert, thank you for your thoughts on the theory behind seeking with the
different codecs.  Do you happen to know of VLC's specific accuracy with
each?  (or, it sounds like, we should just assume that it's not)

Regarding:

> When it comes to frame accuracy, mythtv is the only video player I've
> encountered that allows you to step forward AND BACKWARD by single
> frames.

We've been "able" to achieve the effect of this by doing seek() calls +/-
one frame time.  This had the appearance of working, until we realized that
the accuracy was off.

Eric