[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] http filters: pause not implemented, pace control not supported

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Fri May 24 11:03:41 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 10:12:06AM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2013 11:04:01 +0300, Ilkka Ollakka <ileoo at videolan.org>
> wrote:
> > Yes you are right. But then again http and file access marks
> > PAUSE/CONTROL_PACE as supported (file access for normal files).

> The file access does support pause and pace control.

> The HTTP access does not and it's a known bug (streaming fails if paused
> for longer than a few seconds).

So there is just missing code for filter to check/use access
control_pace/pause abilities? I don't still see the distinction between
stream pace/pause and access pace/pause, but I'm not meaning it wouldn't
have any use, just that I haven't yet figured out the difference between
those two.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Send some filthy mail.