[vlc-devel] Matroska, libopus and loophole in the spec

Denis Charmet typx at dinauz.org
Wed Nov 6 02:29:31 CET 2013

Le mardi 05 novembre 2013 à 03:18:13, Timothy B. Terriberry a écrit :
> Denis Charmet wrote:
> >So this should be done in the decoder if no duration is provided by the
> >demux. I'll try that.
>
> Better would be to have the demux always provide this duration,
> wouldn't it? You need information from the MKV layer to handle
> pre-skip and end-trimming correctly, anyway.

Then you need to make this mandatory in the spec. The demux can only
provide informations set by the muxer. In any case libavcodec seems to
work without knowing the size in sample of the coded block so it feels a
little overkill to force that especially if the decoder can find it by
itself.
Seek preroll and end trimming will be handled at the demux level
provided for the latter that we have a duration to reduce.

Regards,

--
Denis Charmet - TypX
Le mauvais esprit est un art de vivre