[vlc-devel] Updating the LIVE555 library version used in downloadable VLC binaries?

Ralf Globisch rglobisch at csir.co.za
Fri Nov 22 14:01:43 CET 2013

Hi,

I second Ross' request. We use VLC to stream live video using RTP/RTCP-over-TCP
streaming and the bug-fixes and other improvements are *critical* for playback of network streams
on Android mobile devices. I'm guessing that the fixes would positively affect other platforms as well.

What needs to happen in order for the live555 version used in VLC to be upgraded?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Ralf

>>> Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> 11/11/13 7:18 AM >>>
Hi, I notice that the latest downloadable VLC application binary (v2.0.9) still uses an old version - 2012.12.18 (i.e., almost 1 year old) - of the LIVE555 libraries (for RTSP client support).  Since then, there have been bug fixes and other improvements - e.g., to RTP/RTCP-over-TCP streaming - that would benefit VLC.

When convenient, could you please update the downloadable VLC binaries to use a more recent version of the LIVE555 libraries?

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.
http://www.live555.com/

and is believed to be clean.