[vlc-devel] help regarding vlc translation

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Tue Oct 15 10:00:05 CEST 2013

Hello!

Am 13.10.2013 16:16, schrieb Shubham Jain:
> i want to translate vlc to hindi.
> can you please guide how to translate.

The recommended way is:
Create a transifex account (it's gratis) and request to join the
existing Hindi team for videolan here:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vlc-trans/language/hi/

I usually don't touch the existing teams, so you would have to talk to
the Hindi team members (on the other hand you might write Hindi messages
then).

Since collaborative work on the same file is rather difficult when using
an "edit locally, email to co-translator" approach, I recommend you use
transifex.

Some hints for that:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

There also exists a mailing list dedicated to translation:
translators at videolan.org

Feel free to contact me or this mailing list with any questions
regarding translations.

Best regards

Christoph