[vlc-devel] Input MainLoop deadline

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Tue Oct 15 14:48:08 CEST 2013

Le 15/10/2013 13:31, Francois Cartegnie a écrit :
> Le 15/10/2013 13:00, Rafaël Carré a écrit :
>
>>> In case of large amounts sent by demuxer, that delay can be quite high,
>>> and higher than intf or stats update time.
>>
>> So I am not sure if it's related to amount of data demuxed but I can try
>> to reproduce.

Oops indeed it is related, I was only reading half the code.

Drift is only a part of the wakeup time and it is not involved in this case.

> Ex: the file from this bug:
> https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/7109
>
> It has pages (1 demux call = 1 page) containing enough packets for 2 sec.

OK.

> Attachment contains a patch for correctly setting pts on each packet
> sent by demuxer.

I can reproduce the problem without this patch though.

Which bug does it fix?
Previously packets had wrong pts? no pts? the same pts for X consecutive
packets?

I looked at it and the dependency on libvorbis is not nice IMO, but
perhaps that's by Ogg design.

Timothy can you have a look?