[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Add VP9 support in mkv

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Sun Oct 20 17:28:10 CEST 2013

Le 20/10/2013 17:21, Denis Charmet a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Le dimanche 20 octobre 2013 à 05:13:32, Rafaël Carré a écrit :
>>> +    { VLC_CODEC_VP9, AV_CODEC_ID_VP9, VIDEO_ES },
>>
>> I'll take care of this part (well or j-b will apparently)
>>
> Better you than me :) Thank you.
>
>>> +        fill_extra_data( p_tk, 0 );
>>
>> Does VP9 have extradata ?
>>
>> Looking at libavcodec^WVLC decoder, it doesn't
>>
> Well looking at the lack of specification when it comes to VP9 it
> doesn't really hurt to add that. If there isn't any, the function will
> return without doing anything.

I would prefer that it is removed and added back in the future if needed
(I think it's not since it's not used with VP8 either).

If we let it, people will read our code as a reference and assume/wonder
if VP9 uses extradata.

BTW I had copied the b_pts_only option from VP8 as I assumed the 2
formats would have been similar.

Where should we check to be sure about those 2 issues ?

Google produced MKVs?