[vlc-devel] MPEG-DASH and the likes

Frédéric Yhuel yhuelf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 23:03:12 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> Fixing ISML/SS is very important, because it is ridiculous to let a code
> rot.
> However, it is likely that Dash will have more adoption than SS. So
> important work would be more clever invested in dash than in SS.

I'd like to know which commit broke Smooth Streaming, but it doesn't
seem easy to bisect over six months (because one needs different
versions of libraries, at least libav).

Or am I stupid?

FYI, I rebased (against git HEAD) the branch in which I had started to
move Smooth Streaming from a stream_filter to a (chained) demux. Then
VLC plays back the videos fine. That's why I think the bug causing the
current Smooth Streaming module to stutter comes from a modification
of VLC core.

Best regards
Frédéric