[vlc-devel] Ogg muxer patches

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Mon Oct 28 09:16:28 CET 2013

Le 28/10/2013 15:09, Rafaël Carré a écrit :

> Do some players refuse streams without skeleton?

I don't think so. But that's the path to add indexes.

> Also can we in the future add seeking index like is done in the mp4 mux?

I'm working on it since I can now insert it at the right place.

>> Note this does not adds skeleton indexes to streams, as we need to
>> have a way to get sout position to reseek and rewrite that header from
>> keyframes.
>
> Not sure how this is handled for mp4, I guess we don't even check if the
> stream is seekable.

I just have to sum up muxed data instead of some GET_POS.

> OK but keep in mind we need to support the format of #8832 which is
> different (number of headers is always 3).

Extra headers are backed up secondary headers from demux; for vorbis it's 2.

>> +        long int i_size;
>> +        unsigned int i_count;
>> +    } headers = { NULL, NULL, 0, 0 };
>
> Do you need a struct here?

For functionality, no, Readability, yes. I'd rather grouping variables
in the foo.i_bar way rather than multiple i_foo_bar.

>> +        int i_max_prio = -2;
>
> Is -2 a magic value?

That's the min prio. There's no define for this.

>> +        {
>> +            OggGetSkeletonFisbone( &op.packet, &op.bytes, p_input, p_mux );
>> +            if ( op.packet == NULL ) return NULL;
>> +            op.b_o_s = 0;
>> +            op.e_o_s = 0;
>> +            op.granulepos = 0;
>> +            op.packetno = p_sys->skeleton.i_packet_no++;
>
> Is it ok if skeleton header already has packet number 0 ?

packetno is to identify packet drops.

Thanks

Francois