[vlc-devel] USB keys from VDD

Sergio M. Ammirata, Ph.D. sergio.ammirata at sipradius.com
Sun Sep 8 12:07:59 CEST 2013

Here is the complete message (I hit send on the last one by accident
before I was done writing):

I tested the 10 leftover ones and only 1 had the problem. Hopefully this
statistic is representative of the rest of the group. If you want to be
sure, run this command on a linux machine:

badblocks -w -s -o usbstick.log /dev/sdx

In my machine it would take about 2.5 hours to complete (except for the
bad drive which I stopped after 3.5 hours). You can periodically check the
usbstick.log file and if it is not empty, your drive has a problem!

I apologize if you got a bad one.

Sergio