[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Closed Captions: spawn a decoder thread

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Sep 9 17:11:12 CEST 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> On 09 Sep, Rafaël Carré wrote :
>> vlc | branch: master | Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> | Mon Sep  9 14:23:12 2013 +0200| [cac5ac7d0aba83dfabf3ce3e11ec7adc7cfb4e45] | committer: Rafaël Carré
>>
>> Closed Captions: spawn a decoder thread
>>
>> We can't keep the cc decoder serialized with video decoder.
>> If the decoding delay between packetizer and video decoder is bigger
>> than caching (for example when using multi threaded decoder), we will
>> be too late for the next picture display while we wait for the right
>> rendering time for the CC.
>>
>> Close #9049

Oh wow, I've done a rather large set of changes to improve the
performance so it wouldn't need to be on its own thread (targeted at
certain low end AMD and Intel Atom platforms).  I guess I'll go back
and see if some of the uglier changes can be dropped from that patch
series before submitting it.

Thanks,

Devin

--