[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Closed Captions: spawn a decoder thread

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Sep 9 17:30:57 CEST 2013

On 09 Sep, Devin Heitmueller wrote :
> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> > Ah crap.
> >
> > I think some of my reset freetype changes are gonna make this hard to
> > merge :'(
>
> Yeah, I saw your patches get submitted and also said "oh crap".  I
> assumed I was going to have to rebase against the trunk before
> submitting.  Because I didn't have a timeline for getting the changes
> upstream, I didn't think it would be fair to make you wait.

Oh, come on.

The decoupling of the text rendering and the Freetype parts is
necessary, because the file is a big pile of mess, and because it might
be nice to have correct display backends on OSX/iOS, Android and
DirectWrite. But it is not urgent enough to make you way more work.

I would really appreciate if you could tell me which ones I should merge
for freetype, so I don't go more forward on this refactoring.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734