[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Revert "Add subdir-objects automake option where appropriate"

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Sep 17 13:52:02 CEST 2013

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:14:18 +0200, Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org>
wrote:
>> Unlike *you*, I actually run distcheck on a *target* platform to
validate
>> the subdir patch.
>
> I don't understand the link with *me* here, I hadn't had a chance to
> test the patch before it was committed?

You pushed the huge ugly and broken Windows RC patch and you evidently
failed to distcheck it on Windows.

> And I did ran distcheck to confirm it was indeed broken.

I don't need a reviewer to run distcheck for me. Thank you but my computer
is fast enough nowadays. As I just wrote, the tree was already broken
earlier so distcheck was of no help.

>> It went exactly as far as it did before the subdir patch,
>> due to preexisting bugs. So I also ran a manual install check and a
>> Windows build, which both passed.
>
>> The breakage was too subtle to be detected by me and while Diego might
>> have spotted it, I am convinced that no VLC reviewer would have.
>
> OK, I will stop sending patches from now on, because of too subtle
> breakage and/or conviction that other developers are too stupid to find
> bugs in my code.

Not only you already did that but you did not even care to answer the
comments, neither address the regressions. You really are no one to talk.

Sent from my collocated server