[vlc-devel] Android: little feature request

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Thu Sep 19 10:43:45 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to post to the correct list for my feature request / issue I'm having
with the VLC Android Beta release.

VLC For Android is a great port which is fully accessible for Talkback (speech
output) users. This is why I use it. However, when playing and locking the
screen, every new title from the queue gets announced. This is bad when using
Talkback, since the music is played with lower volume in the background, while
the speech is announcing the title. However, since the phone is locked, some
unlucky bug in Talkback prevents the music volume from being increased again,
after the speech output is completed. When playing music with unlocked screen,
the behaviour is as expected.
So my simple request would be: could you please add an option to suppress the
output of the new title on the display, when the phone is locked?

Many thanks in advance
Sebastian
--
Web: http://www.crustulus.de | Blog: http://www.crustulus.de/cgi-bin/blog.cgi?en-0